At The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC, we handle:
- High net worth divorces: Divorce is difficult for anyone, but high net worth couples often face unique challenges when dividing property, determining alimony, and calculating child support. We offer tailored representation that accounts for your specific financial situation.
- Uncontested divorces: Even if you and your spouse agree on most of the terms of your divorce, it is still in your best interest to retain legal representation. With the right lawyer on your side, you’ll be positioned for success in the future. Our clients know they can count on us to protect their rights and interests.
How to File for Divorce in San Antonio
First, hire a divorce attorney near you to assist and represent you through the divorce process. Once you have representation, here are the first steps in filing for divorce in San Antonio:
- Pick up a divorce packet from the courthouse or download Texas divorce papers online
- Complete the appropriate paperwork (agreed divorce, default divorce, or contested divorce)
- Make 2 copies of your divorce papers
- File your original divorce papers and pay the filing fee
- Serve copies of the completed divorce papers to the other party
Before filing divorce papers, however, the first step you should really take is to consult a San Antonio divorce attorney. A lawyer can help you with the paperwork, ensure that no errors are made, and provide support and guidance as you file for divorce in San Antonio. Call The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie at (210) 761-4943 to learn how we can help you!
Our San Antonio Divorce Lawyers Take a Tailored Approach
Though we will strive to help you finalize your divorce through mediation, arbitration, or some other form of alternative dispute resolution, we believe that no one should feel pressured to accept a less-than-ideal settlement. We recognize that sometimes, litigation is necessary. Should we feel that taking your case to the courtroom will yield better results, we are always prepared to do so.