At The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC, we believe that family should always come first. When disputes arise between loved ones or marriages start to crumble, we are here to help resolve the issue, pick up the pieces, and make sure you move forward. Attorney Derek S. Ritchie is passionate about practicing family law and helping people throughout San Antonio overcome the struggles that accompany family law cases.
“The whole firm was very caring and empathetic towards the situation and I couldn't have asked for better legal representation!”- Former Client
Common Cases Our San Antonio Family Law Firm Handles
So what constitutes family law? What kinds of cases do family lawyers handle? What do family attorneys do? How can our firm help you?
Our San Antonio family law attorneys handle cases involving:
- Child Protective Services: If CPS has come knocking on your door, you need legal representation from an aggressive attorney who knows how to protect your rights and keep your family together. Consult with our family lawyer in San Antonio if your child has been taken from you or if CPS has threatened to take action against you.
- Child support: Every child is entitled to financial support from both parents. Our firm represents parents on either side of a child support dispute. Whether you are seeking financial support or being asked to pay it, we’ll make sure the final order meets you and your child’s needs.
- Enforcement: Do you need to get the court involved because your child's other parent continues to miss support payments? Our attorneys can help you petition the court for enforcement!
- Modifications: Life changes, which means your custody, alimony, and child support orders might not always reflect the reality of your circumstances. If you need to modify any of these orders, The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC can help.
- Protective orders: If you are the victim of domestic violence or your child has been abused by a partner, spouse, or other family member, take action right away. The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC can help you seek a protective order. We also represent the accused in protective order hearings.
Family Law Cases Are Personal & Sensitive
That’s why our San Antonio family lawyer takes a client-focused approach, offering personalized representation to every client.
Whatever your needs may be, our San Antonio family law attorney is here for you. We are confident that we can successfully resolve your case while protecting your rights and helping you start the next chapter of life on the right foot.